St. Thomas Episcopal Church – Sun Valley, ID
- Arrive in the nursery at 9:15 am
- Turn on the lights
- Check to make sure everything is in order and ready for the day
– Toys are clean and put away
– The bookshelf looks tidy
– If it is warm the fan is also running.
- Greet families as they drop of their children.
– Introduce yourself
– Find out the ages, names and needs specific to the children
– Remind the parents of these things (as necessary)
– Nursery Staff will not be able to leave the nursery for any reason.
– Children who are ages 0-4 and are healthy are welcome.
– They should gather their children for communion and as soon as the service
– Remember that the family narthex is also available for families if their needs exceed those of the nursery.
- As children are being picked up
– Relay any important information to the parents/care givers.
– Be kind and friendly
– Say goodbyes to the children
– Thank them for coming
- Clean the toys that were used with the cleaning wipes.
- Put everything away. Be sure to tidy up the book shelf.
- Alert me of any broken toys or books.
- Turn out lights.